I truly believe life is about balance. Being on such a restricted diet is no fun for anyone, and it can actually tempt you to overeat when you finally do break into that bag of Oreos.
I practice a Paleo / Keto / Vegan diet 99 percent of the time, but I couldn't find a cookie recipe that followed my dietary restrictions. SO- I created a totally GUILT FREE, low carb, low sugar cookie. For all my body builders and KETO loving clients - you can have this cookie without breaking the diet.
LOW CARB LOW SUGAR PALEO VEGAN GLUTEN FREE AMAZING COOKIES
- 2 cups of Almond Flour (This is what makes the cookies low carb and grain free!)
- 2 Flax Eggs (1 Flax Egg = 1 TBS Flax Seed + 1 TBS water or a little less. You want the egg mixture to be thick like an egg. Mix together and let sit for 3 minutes)
- 3 Tablespoons Maple Agave
- 1/4 Teaspoon Himalayan Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 C chocolate or dark chocolate chips *Use dark chocolate chips for lower sugar! Promise you won't even tell the difference. Same brand below makes good dark chocolate chips.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with wax paper. In a small bowl mix together flax seeds and water to make your flax eggs. Let sit for 3 mins. In a medium bowl mix together almond flour, baking powder, salt, maple syrup and flax eggs. Finally, fold in your chocolate chips and form into 1 inch rounds. Flatten the cookies between your hands and transfer to baking sheet. These will not rise like normal cookies, so you have to flatten them before you bake them. Bake for 8 mins and enjoy!